GC: Commodore Builders
Electrical Crew: 5
Scope: Exterior lighting installations of historic Great Dome, comprised of high efficiency LED lighting and flood lighting and lighting control system. Designed and installed special conduit routes to avoid interference with building aesthetics.
• LED lighting illuminates MIT name, limestone façade, and Dome.
• Flood lighting installed on adjacent buildings’ rooftops to light upper section of Dome
• Lighting controlled by lighting contactors and photoelectric cells, allowing for dusk to dawn illumination.
• Lighting system replaced traditional fixtures and tree-mounted lights.
• Project timeline: 6 weeks